Upon nearing completion of a course, our employment service assists you in finding a job. The College will generally encourage a student to start considering salons to interview prior to graduation. The College will contact salons to set up an interview for the student and/or will supply the student with a list of prospective salons. While this service is provided, it is understood that Mims cannot promise or guarantee employment to any graduate.
Upon meeting the following requirements, Mims Classic Beauty College will issue to the student a diploma certifying that all requirements in the prescribed courses have been met:
- Completed the following hours of cosmetology curriculum in a beauty culture school:
- For an Operator license – 1500 hours of instruction (50 weeks)
- For a Manicurist license – 600 hours of instruction (20 weeks)
- All theory exams and the final exam have been passed with a grade of 70% or better
- All practical assignment quotas have been met
- Fulfilled tuition contract
- Passed a written and practical examination through PSI Exams
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) has contracted with PSI Licensure certification (PSI) to deliver its examinations.
Once the student has been approved by TDLR for testing, it is the responsibility of the student to contact PSI to register and schedule an appointment to take the State Board Examination.
Additional Exam Costs
State Written Licensure Exam fee: $55 per attempt State Practical Licensure Exam fee: $78 per attempt Operator or Manicurist State License Application fee: $53
Mims Classic Beauty College acknowledges graduates monthly who have met all graduation requirements. The College encourages all friends and family to attend this special accomplishment.