To maintain a quality presentation and ensure optimum efficiency in operations, Mims Classic Beauty College requires each student to abide by the following rules and regulations.
General Rules & Regulations
- All students are expected to attend school on a full-time basis unless approved in advance by the Admissions office. Full-time is Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Cosmetology course is a 12-month minimum or a 14-month maximum. The Manicure course is a 5-month minimum or a 6-month maximum. The instructor course is 6½-month minimum or 7½-month maximum.
- Tardies will require written documentation in order to clock in for the day. Exceptions will be given as warranted by your instructor. If theory class is already in progress, a special assignment will be provided during this time.
- Excused or unexcused absences are allowed for illness, family illness or death, accident, or wedding in the immediate family. Documentation may be required. Students are also allowed two (2) weeks or ten (10) days of vacation if notification is given prior to time off. However, absences averaging more than 3.5 days per month, excused or unexcused, could result in additional tuition charges as specified in student contracts.
- Unexcused absences may result in suspension or termination. Failure to notify the instructor or Admission office prior to absence will constitute an unexcused absence. The school expects, and appreciates, phoning in if a student is going to be absent for the day.
- Students are required to punch their time cards to indicate arrival, lunch and departure. Failure to do so will result in lost time. Under no circumstances are students allowed to punch in or out for other students.
- Students are required to attend theory classes daily and to take weekly exams when scheduled. Excessive make-up exams will not be allowed prior to students’ final exam.
- Students are permitted a lunch break of 30 minutes and two 15-minute breaks throughout the day.
- Parking in front and on the side of the school is reserved for patrons and staff only. Assigned parking is behind building and next door.
- Tuition payments are to be made the first week of each month to cover training from the previous month. Notice of payment due is posted above the time clock.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own equipment. School equipment is expected to be returned to where it was issued.
- The student break area and the students’ stations are everyone’s responsibility. These should be kept clean and orderly daily.
- Approved uniform dress code only is acceptable as specified in the Enrollment Requirement Sheet and School Catalog. Students are expected to look professional in proper uniform (black scrubs), groomed and with make-up as appropriate.
- An approved name tag with your name must be worn each day.
- All absences on Friday or Saturday without prior notification or documentation will result in an additional $20 payable next day of attendance.
- No cell phone conversations are allowed on the senior clinic floor during theory class or during junior practical class.
- Chewing gum is not allowed.
- Clocking out for breaks when leaving the building or going to lunch is required.
- Students have the privilege at all times of consulting instructors or administration on his/her personal problems or their relation to school requirements. Strictest confidence can be assured.