Admissions And Prerequisites
Mims Classic Beauty College, in all programs including admissions and employment, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, age, creed, sex, marital status, financial status, handicap, or country of origin, and is prohibited from such discrimination by law.
The following documentation and records must be submitted prior to starting classes:
- Enrollment application completed
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) copy.
- 1 picture approximately 2″ x 2″.
- $25 money order made payable to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Birth certificate or Texas driver license copy.
Please contact the Administrative office for details, as a signed contract will be required before training begins. This contract will provide a detailed breakdown of training cost allocations and an explanation of all items pertaining to the total cost, use of school equipment and refund policies.
With the exception of students transferring from other cities or states, Mims Classic Beauty College does not accept transfer students. For transferring students that qualify for admission, credit will be given and accepted for a maximum of 600 Cosmetology hours and a maximum of 300 Manicure hours. Accepted hours for the Instructor program are not accepted and credit will not be given. Accepted hours will be counted as both “attempted” and “completed” towards the students educational program. All previous related tests and practical assignments for the Cosmetology and Manicure programs will be accepted with the proper documentation provided by the previous school.
I addition to a $100.00 registration fee, students will be charged tuition on any remaining required hours at the current rate per hour as stated in the course contract. Required equipment and tools, if needed, may be purchased through the school or any outside service the student chooses.
For Mims students transferring to another school, the following policy will be used.
- Mims Classic Beauty College will provide all earned and paid up hours to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. However, only hours that have been paid in full are transferable.
- All Written and Practical scores will be provided upon request.
- No fee is charged to the student for transferring.